When do we collect your information?
AOK Supplies collects information relating to you and your use of the Site in order to provide services and features that are responsive to your needs. AOK Supplies collects personal information in the following ways:
- From you. We collect information from you when you purchase a product, request information from us, send us an email, postal mail, or other communication, speak with us by telephone, or otherwise interact with us.
- From other third-party sources. We may receive information about you from our third-party service providers who help us to provide products and services to you, including the Site.
- Automatically as you navigate the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, email address, IP address, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
What information do we collect?
Information you provide to us
The type of information that we collect from you depends on your particular interaction with us and/or the Site, and may include your first and last name, company name, physical address, email address, and telephone number. When you contact or otherwise communicate with us, we will also collect information relating to or contained in your email or other communication with us, such as the content of your communication and your contact preferences. Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we may collect certain additional information from you, including your billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card or other payment information), and other information regarding your purchase or order.
Information we and our third-party service providers collect
When you use the Site, we and our third-party service providers may automatically collect information about how you access and use the Site and information about the device you use to access the Site. We typically collect this information through a variety of tools, including cookies, web beacons, pixels, social media widgets, other tools to enable data recording and indexing, and similar tracking technologies (collectively, “tracking technologies”). We and our third-party partners may automatically collect such information as:
- IP or MAC address
- Device type
- Unique device identifier (UDID) or other device identifier (IMEI)
- Browser type
- Operating system or platform
- Name of Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Referring website
- Exiting website
- Clickstream data
- Search terms entered on the Site
- Pages visited on the Site
- Time, date, and duration of visit to the Site
- Whether you open emails from us
- Links you click on in our emails and on the Site
- Whether you access the Site from multiple devices
- Other interactions you may have on the Site
- Location or geo-location data (latitude/longitude, Wi-Fi / cell tower location, etc.)
How do we use your personal information?
We process personal information in order to provide products and services to you and additional services you request, as well as to respond to communications from you. The precise purposes for which your personal information is processed will be determined by the request, and by applicable laws, regulatory guidance, and professional standards.
We use information we collect from you and information that we collect automatically to manage and improve the Site and our business. We take steps to ensure that your rights are safeguarded. For example, we use information to:
- Fulfill your orders and provide services to you. For example, we will collect and use your personal information to process and ship your orders, and to inform you about the status of your orders.
- Provide the Site and its features and functionality to you.
- Conduct data analytics to support the Site and our business. For example, we may analyze website user behavior and conduct research and analysis about the way you and other users use the Site.
- Manage, operate, and improve our business. For example, we may use data to improve the Site and/or our products and services, to develop new products and services, to market and promote our products and services, to administer promotions and other programs, to maintain our business records, to conduct internal monitoring and training, and to otherwise fulfill our other contractual obligations to you or other users or third parties.
- Manage risk and protect the Site. We use data to better protect our services, the Site, and you and our other users by helping to detect and prevent fraud and abuse of the Site or our services.
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. We will use your information as necessary to enforce the terms of the Site and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations and other legal requirements.
- For other purposes for which you provide your consent. For other purposes which are disclosed to you at the time your information is collected, or for purposes which can be inferred from or are obvious given the circumstances of collection.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
Third-Party Service Providers
We may disclose your personal information to our vendors and other third-party service providers, such as website hosting providers, that help us provide services and support features on the Site. We may also disclose aggregated or de-identified information, and analyses and reports derived from such information to our third-party service providers, advertisers, business partners, consumers, and market research companies and other organizations. We may share your personal information with an AOK Supplies authorized distributor or product reseller.
Legal Requirements and Business Transfers
We may disclose personal information: (i) if we are required to do so by law, legal process, statute, rule, regulation, or professional standard, or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other government official requests; (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss; (iii) in connection with an investigation of a complaint, security threat, or suspected or actual illegal activity; (iv) in connection with an internal or external audit; or (v) in the event that AOK Supplies is subject to mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party.
What choices do you have about your personal information?
We offer certain choices about how we communicate with you and what personal information we obtain about you and share with others.
If you no longer wish to receive promotional or informational emails from us, you may opt-out from receiving future emails from us by following the instructions for unsubscribing in the promotional or informational emails we send you or by contacting us at the email address or phone number below.
We provide a variety of services on the Site using cookies. We place cookies on your device in order to provide you with personalized access to essential services, enhance functionality, and to show you offers and services tailored to your interests.
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive as a “tag” that identifies your computer. Cookies help to navigate from page to page on a website, provide secure connections, gather statistics about the usage and effectiveness of our site, and remembers preferences from a previous visit, when you return.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser’s settings to disable all or certain cookies if you wish. Please note that by disabling or deleting cookies, you may not be able to access the full functionality of our Site. Disabling or clearing cookies also may affect cookie-based opt-outs by either preventing you from using such cookie-based opt-outs or clearing opt-outs that you previously set.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
AOK Supplies has no control or say over Google.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Do Not Track
Because there currently is not an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals, we do not respond to them at this time.
Location of the Site
The Site is hosted and operated in the United States. Visitors from jurisdictions outside the United States visit us at their own choice and risk.
If you are not a resident of the United States, you acknowledge and agree that we may collect and use your personal information outside your home jurisdiction, and that we may store your personal information in the United States or elsewhere. Please note that the level of legal protection provided in the United States from which you may access our Site may not be as stringent as that under privacy standards or the privacy laws of other countries, possibly including your home jurisdiction.
How long do we retain your personal information?
How do we protect your information?
AOK Supplies has implemented reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security standards to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. We strive to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure using security safeguards and procedures, such as encryption and limited access. However, information transmitted through the Internet may not be perfectly secure, and we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will be completely secure and safe.
Do we collect information from children?
The Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any personal information on the Site or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California privacy rights
California’s Shine The Light Act, Civil Code Section 1798.83, provides individual users who reside in California and who have an existing business relationship with us the right to request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, if any.
To make such a request, send an email with the subject heading “California Privacy Rights” to email@example.com. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by these California privacy rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year.
Pursuant to applicable California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), AOK Supplies makes the following disclosures regarding the personal information AOK Supplies has collected within the last 12 months:
Contact information such as first and last name, company name, address, phone number, and email address
Directly from user
To provide our services and communicate with our users
Service Providers, Authorized AOK distributors or product resellers
Shipping and billing information such as mailing address, billing name and address, and credit card number or other payment information
Directly from user
To fulfill orders and facilitate payment for our products and services
Automatically collected information such as browser type, device type, and IP address
Cookies and other tracking technologies
To gather information about use of the Site, to improve the Site, and to enhance functionality of the Site
If you are a California resident, pursuant to the CCPA, you have the right to request:
- the categories of personal information AOK Supplies has collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose of collecting or selling your personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom AOK Supplies shares your personal information;
- the specific pieces of personal information AOK Supplies has collected about you;
- the categories of personal information that AOK Supplies has sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, if applicable;
- deletion of your personal information; and
- an opt out of having your personal information disclosed or sold to third parties.
To submit a request, or designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, (800) 900-1217 or complete the web form located here. To verify your identity when you submit a request, we will match the identifying information you provide to us to the personal information we have about you. AOK Supplies may request additional verifying information from you, and no response from AOK Supplies will be provided until the identification is verified. Requests for access to your information made be made twice in a calendar year. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
AOK Supplies will not be required to comply with your request to delete your personal information if it is necessary for AOK Supplies to maintain your personal information in order to:
- complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of AOK Supplies’ ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and AOK Supplies;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code;
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when AOK Supplies’ deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent;
- enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with AOK Supplies;
- comply with a legal obligation; or
- otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
AOK Supplies will not discriminate against you in the event you exercise any of the aforementioned rights under CCPA, including, but not limited to, by:
- denying goods or services to you;
- charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you; or
- suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.