Hi-Temp Purge Compound (No. 478)
- Aids with purging engineering-grade resins
- Stable at temps up to 750ºF/395ºC
- Safely clean screws and barrels
- Virtually no odor or smoke
- Operating temperatures of 485° - 750°F/250°C - 395°C
- Ideal for resins such as PPS, PEEK, PET, LCP and PEI (Ultem™)
- Remove burned material, color hang-ups, resin deposits, black specks and soften and remove rust
- Chemically reactive, non-abrasive purge
- PET carrier resin
- For use with injection molding
- GRAS rated (food-grade) active ingredients safe for food packaging applications
- Not recommended for cleaning hot runners
Hi-Temp Purge Compound is Slide’s answer to those jobs where presses are run at temperatures between 485° and 750°F. This formulation aids with the purging of engineering-grade resins, and safely cleans screws and barrels with virtually no odor or smoke. It can remove burned material, color hang-ups, resin deposits, black specks and also soften and remove rust.
Hi-Temp is a chemically reactive, non-abrasive purge utilizing a PET carrier resin. While it is not recommended for cleaning hot runners, it is effective for use with injection molding and is ideal for resins such as PPS, PEEK, PET, LCP and PEI (Ultem™). All ingredients are GRAS rated so it is safe to use for food packaging applications.
Continually improving products include systems for manifolds, mold alignment and ejector tie-ins, limit switches, hot water and hot oil manifolds.
Using patent technology, IPS Moldshields prevent parts from falling outside the molding area. IPS also offers Mold Chutes, Skirts, Tie-Bar covers and Drum / Gaylord Covers.